ALI Webinar Feb 19th: "Trademarks, Trade Dress and False Advertising: Recent Developments for Business and IP Lawyers"
Yours truly, aka the TTABlogger, teams up with Prof. Ken Germain in an ALI Webinar entitled "Trademarks, Trade Dress and False Advertising: Recent Developments for Business and IP Lawyers." When? Wednesday, February 19th, 3:00 - 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time. Registration here. [Note: this is a re-broadcast of the program originally presented on December 10, 2013].
Business and IP lawyers who need to stay current with the recent trends in trademark, trade dress, and false advertising law should register today for this CLE program. Our faculty of experienced practitioners will give an overview of the latest developments, while focusing on decisions of the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, regional Courts of Appeals and the United States Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- recent federal registration decisions (fraud, proof of lack-of-bona fide intent)
- possible resuscitation of a dead “generic term”
- likelihood of confusion (consumer and non-consumer),
- distinctiveness of mark,
- sponsored links fair use and limits of nominative fair use
- equitable defenses (especially laches) and remedies
- and more!