Erik Pelton's Summary of March 1st TPAC Public Meeting
Erik Pelton, at his blog, reports here on the March 1, 2013 meeting of the Trademark Public Advisory Committee (TPAC).
As to our favorite Tribunal, Erik says the following:
TTAB Update by Chief Judge Gerard Rogers:
• Recent staffing increases: 4 new judges, 3 new staff attorneys, a lead paralegal. [Can you name the new judges? Answers here].
• TTAB webpage just updated, now includes section with "Stakeholder Outreach" information and links.
• Continuing efforts to enhance and improve the "TTAB Dashboard"; working to collect more information going forward.
• Number of cases operating under the old rules [i.e., cases commenced prior to November 1, 2007] is down to about 150.
• Filings of new proceedings at the TTAB are mostly up slightly.