ALI-ABA Webinar, July 11: Trademark Dilution for Business Lawyers
ABA-ALI (now called ALI CLE) will present a webinar entitled "Trademark Dilution for Business Lawyers," on Wednesday, May 11th, from 1:00 to 3:00 PM. Register here. Panelists include Prof. Ken Germain and Philadelphia attorneys Roberta Jacobs-Meadway, Nancy Frandsen, and Manny Pokotilow.
Chaired by Roberta Jacobs-Meadway of Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott (Philadelphia, PA), this video seminar will cover:
- What the business lawyer needs to know about dilution law
- How can the business lawyer help his/her clients in selecting business names and developing brands
- How can the business lawyer assist clients in evaluating claims of dilution
- Furthermore, the program will explore assessing options and risks when/if:
- There is no need for substantial identity for a dilution claim to stand
- The goods or services may be related (or the same) for a dilution claim to stand
- The remedies for dilution include damages, profits and fees, as well as injunctive relief
TTABlog comment: Why, you may ask, did I post Ken Germain's photo in two consecutive posts? It's because there's nothing more confidence-inspiring than a man with glasses and a mustache.