ABA Publishes Second Edition of TTAB Practice Guide
The ABA has published A Legal Strategist's Guide to Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Practice, Second Edition, edited by Jonathan Hudis. "A must-have resource for both the TTAB tyro and veteran, this book combines legal exphttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifertise with practical insights. Well-organized and plentifully annotated, it will make us all better TTAB practitioners." [quoting myself]. Order it here.
Now completely updated, this first-of-its-kind treatment provides invaluable analysis and practical insights from an array of experienced attorneys who practice before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. With chapters that are logically organized and clearly written, A Legal Strategist s Guide to Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Practice describes and analyzes each facet of Board practice. Topics covered include:
- Inter partes matters and prefiling considerations
- Pleadings and commencement of proceedings
- Disclosures and discovery
- Motion practice
- Trial procedures and rules of evidence
- The use of experts
- Briefs on final hearing and oral argument
- Appeals from final TTAB decisions
- Settlement, alternative dispute resolution, and accelerated case resolution
- Ethical issues when practicing before the Board
Each chapter concludes with a valuable checklist of items that the practitioner should bear in mind during each stage of a Board proceeding.