ABA Publishes "A Legal Strategist's Guide to TRADEMARK TRIAL AND APPEAL BOARD PRACTICE"
You will want to get your mitts on the new ABA book, A Legal Strategist's Guide to TRADEMARK TRIAL AND APPEAL BOARD PRACTICE, edited by Jonathan Hudis. "A welcome resource for both the TTAB tyro and veteran, this book combines legal expertise with practical insights. Well-organized and plentifully annotated, it will make us all better TTAB practitioners." [quoting myself].
From the ABA website:
An essential resource for every trademark practitioner's library, this book is a first-of-its-kind treatment of U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Proceedings. This book describes and provides an analysis of, each facet of Board practice, including:
Bonus: Each chapter includes a valuable checklist of items that the practitioner should bear in mind during each stage of a Board proceeding.
- Inter partes proceedings (such as Oppositions, Cancellations, and Concurrent Use Proceedings)
- Ex parte appeals to the Board from refusals to register marks
- Disclosures and discovery
- Motion practice
- Presenting one's evidence at trial
- The use of experts
- Briefs on final hearing and oral argument
- Appeals from final TTAB decisions
- Settlement, alternative dispute resolution, and accelerated case resolution
- Ethical issues when practicing before the Board