Trademark Public Advisory Committee (TPAC) Webcast Today
The Trademark Public Advisory Committee (TPAC) will webcast its meeting today beginning at 9:00 EST. [Announcement here.] TTAB Acting Chief Judge Gerard F. Rogers is scheduled to appear from 10:20 to 11:20 to discuss the topics listed below:
Discussion with TTAB Judge Gerard Rogers regarding TTAB matters.
- Brief report on current TTAB speed statistics and case volume statistics.
- Status report on preparing a request for comments on:
- A possible, alternative fast-track for TTAB opposition and cancellation cases.
- Making the TTAB more assertive in encouraging settlement.
- Possible limits on consented extensions.
- Status report on getting TBMP up to date, easily searchable and in HTML, including plans for frequency of updates after this revision.
- Report on recent developments with ACR, if any.
- When will there be more procedures or structure available to potential users of ACR?
- Discussion regarding how TTAB deals with cases that have lingered on the docket for a very long time.
- Discussion of progress toward the TPAC goal of increasing number of precedential TTAB decisions.
- Report on change to rules of evidence for proving USPTO records in TTAB proceedings.