Thursday, July 06, 2006

TTABlogger Co-Hosts July 13th INTA Roundtable on Fair Use

My colleague, Michael Boudett, and I will host this month's INTA Roundtable on Thursday, July 13th, from 12:00 to 2:00 pm, at the offices of Foley Hoag LLP in Boston. The topic: "Fair or Foul: Navigating the Waters of Fair Use." You may register and find the complete "Discussion Outline" here.


In brief, the outline of the Discussion Outline is as follows:
  • I. Traditional or Classic Fair Use.

  • II. Nominative Fair Use: 9th Circuit versus 7th Circuit versus 3rd Circuit.

  • III. Is the 7th Circuit's modified use of the 9th Circuit's nominative Fair Use test preferable?
Mike Boudett will lead the discussion regarding fair use. I will head the discussion of the World Cup, and will explain why I chose Italy in our office pool.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home